Sunday 2 May 2010

First play with PureData

I was thinking about making a midi "harp" and thought of trying with a webcam, using puredata to analyse the images and generate midi/sounds. This is the first time I have played with PD and I don't really know what I am doing with it yet... you'll see I am not quite there with the midi harp yet, but I am impressed with how quickly you can get something fun working in PD



Here is the PD sketch, which I got to by hacking about with one of the GEM tutorial sketches

5 comments:

  1. looks cool! would you mind sharing the patch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure.. you can download it from here. Its a very crude hack of one of the GEM tutorials :)

    http://sites.google.com/site/skriyl/Home/pd-projects

    ReplyDelete
  3. can´t get any sound. any top on how to progress?

    possible for a step by step explanation?

    ReplyDelete
  4. you get the image, yeah? make sure the checkbox "compute audio" is checked on the PD main window.. if that doesn't help, try some of the PD tutorials and see if you can get sound out of them

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok, works now. is it possible to tweek it a bit. for example just making it to control a certain number of midi. and to assign it just controlling for example two different "midisounds". do you know any tutorial anywhere?

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete